Wednesday 20 April 2016

Penpal/Travelling Journal

1 comment Share It:
I've been a little absent on youtube and social media recently; just trying to keep life little more balanced and less techy. I have also just been super busy being creative and I can't wait to share a bunch of new things I have been working on soon!

Something I do want to share today though, is a book I have made to go back and forth between myself and a penpal of mine; Britteny from the USA.
This project has been a long time coming, and was first planned between us many months ago. It took me some time to collect extra bits and pieces I wanted to send to her and her family but it is finally on it's way!

The idea is that we will each keep the journal for a period of time, and do various entries in it while we have it with us. I have included a booklet in the front for collecting ideas of entries we could do, some of those for example are- collections of ephemera, such as food packets from things we ate in one day, drawings, nail polish swatches, collages, the list goes on and on. Today I will share just a few photos of what the book looks like, as I don't want to give too much away before she gets it! But I may do a youtube video some time in the future, or the next time the journal is in my possession.

So far, the cover is half covered in stamps- and we have decided to add more and more of them as we go. I have stitched the pages in quite loosely as I think after we finish it, it might be nice to divide the pages between us into two separate books.

Britteny also asked me create another grungy journal for her using some materials she provided such as the leather cover and the binding thread. She wanted it super grungy so I did some inking and staining to the pages. Inside she asked me to put a few little bits and pieces throughout it randomly for her to discover. I had lots of fun making these books and I hope she likes how they turned out!










1 comment:

  1. Gorgeous job Alyssa. I am hoping you post more soon. Your Youtube videos are such a pleasure to watch and your children are scrumptious. Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete