Tuesday 15 March 2016

Vintage Game Pieces Junk Journal

2 comments Share It:
Today I am sharing a journal I created for a friend of mine that I met through my ventures on youtube! I came across a lady by the name of Renee, who curates junk journal kits with a variety of vintage pieces she has collected. Renee and her husband have an etsy shop where she sells the kits, along with an assortment of other amazing vintage items! If you'd like to check out her shop click here. She also has a youtube channel where she showcases her kits, if you want to see that, click here!

Anyway, as I was saying; Renee was kind enough to send me an enormous parcel full of goodies, just as a random act of kindness! It was a little bit of a surprise as I never expected to receive such a generous gift, and though she never expected anything in return I knew I wanted to send her a thank you present! For this journal I thought it would be fitting to use some of her amazing pieces to put together a journal with her in mind. 
I used an altered book for the cover and collaged over it with a variety of vintage game pieces, playing cards, book pages and more! I also created a chunky charm made out of 'found' pieces, varying from game pieces to buttons and some beads to pull it all together.

Inside the journal I also added a bunch of random tabs using more playing cards, vintage pieces and some bits from my own stash. They overhang the pages for an extra element of interest!
Inside the journal I made the signatures up of scrapbook papers and vintage book pages, along with some ledger sheets and lined papers. I have also added some paper bags and created pockets using flash cards and other bits and pieces. Throughout the book I have tucked loads of fun vintage pieces and journal cards in to be written or stuck down as she uses it!
 This journal was SO much fun to make and it was a great way to kind of 'break in' those gorgeous vintage items I was a little scared to use up! Now I am so excited to create some more journals using some of the same pieces!
If you'd like to see more of this journal, I have also shared a flip through of this journal on my youtube channel here.

2 comments:

  1. This is so much fun and I love the beautiful story of your friendship with Renee. Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great idea Johanna. Bring out those hidden, game pieces and boards that have been shoved to the back of a cupboard and forgotten. Incorporate them into a family journal. Playing games with family and friends, a fun part of the family history story.

    ReplyDelete