Saturday 5 March 2016

Toddler talk

1 comment , Share It:


Three years ago I was heavily pregnant expecting my first baby boy. I had just turned eighteen, and I was living at my boyfriend's mums house with close to no idea what life would hold for me from there.

This April my baby is turning three! It blows my mind how much he has grown up and how much things have changed for us. Everything has changed for us!
Laec was just the beginning to the greatest adventure of my life and in all honestly, without sounding cheesy as hell; I can barely remember life before him. 


The past year my little boy has gone from a 10-20 word vocabulary to now saying words like "important" and "frustrating" and "oh my goodness!". Every day he makes me so happy with the little sentences he manages to string together- so I decided to pop them down into a book for safe keeping. He is growing so rapidly that I know it won't be long until his big words and sentences actually match up to his little body!




I love reading through this book and I plan to use it for both my kids as they grow up. It is the little golden book 'A child's garden of verses' turned journal- with blank sheets in between the real pages. I bought it from a cute market shop that transforms books to journals this way- super simple but so charming! And being a journal maker myself I felt compelled to support the work and buy one before I even knew what i'd use it for. I'm so glad I did because this book is perfect for this purpose! I used to own a copy as a child and marvel over the illustrations, so it's already very nostaligic for me.

I hope you get a giggle out of some of the quotes I've shared below. And I promise they are even cuter coming from his little mouth and in his sweet little voice!


Me: What should we do today?
Laec: Umm, drink!!!!

Me: Can you please get me a nappy for Wren?
Laec: Of course mummy, just wait a minute.

Me: Wren's looking at you, he loves you!
Laec: Love you so much bubba Wren! *Pats his face* Aww he's so sweet.

Laec: What's that hobble noise? 
(About someone mowing their lawn)

Me: *Yawn*
Laec: Tired mummy?
Me: Yeah
Laec: Good job.

Trae whispered something to me and Laec copied him and whispered "something something"

Laec holding Wren: It's mine.

Trae: Laec, do you want to go to preschool and you can play with other kids? Play in the sandpit and read books....
Me: ... Do some paintings..
Laec: I like.... PIZZA!!

"It's a sweaty house!"

"Mummy has an egg ache?"

I dropped my phone and Laec says:
You spilt your phone?

Laec in the bath:
I'm getting soggy!

Laec broke a crayon and said "mum fix it!"
Me: I can't fix it
Laec: Oh. You can't fix it... Daddy can fix it!

"Bubba Wren, you need a shower? You're a bit stinky."

While I was looking in the mirror:
Mum you so cute?

I was making some charms out of gum nuts for a journal so I was painting them in varnish and then standing them upside down to dry. They were different sizes so Laec was going "oh it's mummy and daddy and Laec!" And there was just one gum nut that wouldn't stand up without falling over and he goes "oh! It's Georgie!!" (His aunty)

Me: What's the time?
Laec: It's three five dollars

Wren did a poop and Laec says: That was an interesting poop.

Laec tries to trick me out of bed time by saying "oh good morning mummy! I had a good sleep! Like he thinks i won't know it's really night time.

Laec: What you doing mummy?
Me: Making you porridge
Laec: Oh, that's so cute.

Me: Who's your best friend?
Laec: Umm.. My favourite is bubba Wren.

Laec: Oh! It's so windy! Should we go on a picnic?

"Can you hold me?"

Me: Laec be careful, you're squishing Wren
Laec: I'm not squishing him, he's my favourite.

Laec: Oh, he needs the bonjelly (bonjela)

When Laec wants to do something or me to do something he will say:
Should I throw this?
Should we have an iceblock?
Should you sit with me?

Me: What do you want a drink of?
Laec: Just a drink of milk. Fresh milk.

Me:You're the cutest thing ever.
Laec: No, you!!


1 comment:

  1. I almost forgot to Breathe whilst reading these beautiful words (reminded me of my Sons who are now men) So wonderfully inocent Loved reading Sooo... much Thank You

    ReplyDelete